Hello and welcome to the Singing Hands blog!
We hope you like our colourful new website which describes more of who we are, what we do and why.
The main website will evolve over time but is very much about Singing Hands and our various singing & signing activities. However, we are also somewhat nervously dipping our signing toes into this blog-writing world. This will allow us the freedom to cover both Singing Hands related issues and other things outside of the business which we hope will be of interest to our Singing Hands fans.
Over the coming months, we will be using this blog to share a mixture of articles including:
- “How to…..” videos. These will include videos to give you tips on using a particular sign or doing an activity to incorporate a number of signs to develop your signing repertoire at home and/or school
- New song videos with accompanying notes and activities associated with the concepts featured in the song
- Links to resources and ideas for signing-related activities
- “Makaton Makes” – guidance on making things to help you with signing at home such as games and symbol activities
- Personal commentary and events – perhaps these will be a funny personal SEN-parenting stories or maybe a rant about the EHCP process…..who knows?! Time will tell.
- Things We Like – our eldest children are now 16 so over the years we have chalked up a lot of SEN experiences. Our children also have very different needs so between us we can use this blog to share some of these experiences and perhaps you might like to explore some of these things with your families too
- Other Stuff – nope, we won’t be offering braiding tips or videos on “How to do the perfect browshape” as there are people far better at doing that than us. But who knows, there will be other ramblings that will make their way onto the blog that don’t fit into any of the other headings!
Thank you for joining us here – don’t forget to come and follow us on all our other social media channels (Facebook / Twitter / Instagram) and subscribe to our SingingHandsUK YouTube channel too.
Thanks as always.